Thursday, December 14, 2006

a day without a modem, or, how I got a lot done for a change


I totally missed WIP wed. We had a modem that was ancient and needed replacing and so my helpful son, James, took it to the cable co. store yesterday and go a new one. Whatever was wrong is now fixed and, for me at least, the internet is now not closed. Funny thing though, a whole day without connection equals a day that Dee got a lot done for a change. I worked on James' quilt top and nearly got it done. I'm having some issues with blogger(as are many) so I'll post pics at another time. For today, I'm trying to get over a weird sinus thingy(tech term). I don't have a sinus infection or a cold but when I bend forward I almost loose the ability to reamin standing. Really woozy and a little nauseating. I don't do well on most meds- a touchy stomach- but I had to resort to some Sudafed to try and get active enough to stand upright without feeling like I was on the water in a boat, something which normally makes me feel good but not so much right now.
The quilt above is only a pre-printed piece I bought years ago and outline stitched and quickly bound. It's bright and cheerful though so I still hang the thing. Someday I'll get around to making a really pretty Christmas quilt like the ones I've seen on Rian's and Jenny's blogs as well as a number of other blogs. Again, that would be a great thing to do in the new year or even in July. Where did I put that list?
Well here on Long Island it's spring in December. Right now the temps are around 50-60. This must be what it's like to have Christmas in places like California. It's really weird for NY in December. Not complaining, mind you, I just don't know what to wear. It's t-shirt weather all day and then it gets down to 37-40ish at night. You go to sleep wanting the window open a little and in the early morning it's fricken freezing! It's finally happened-I am OLD. I have blogged about my health and the weather.....UGH..sorry. I'll do better tomorrow when, hopefully, the stars are in alignment and blogger is working(heh), and I feel more like Dorothy , who is often a very funny lady.

4 comments:

Jo Raines said...

Pretty Christmas quilt-I meant to do one this year! (Said the same thing last year!). Our temps are in the 70's here which is about 20 degrees above the normal for us, too. So, it doesn't feel much like Christmas.

Susan said...

Yes, that's what it's like in southern Arizona and California! Except a touch warmer. =) I look forward to seeing the quilting you did yesterday. I think about turning my computer off for a day, but I haven't done it. Sometimes we are parked where we can't get the internet, and I do a lot on those days!

Debra Dixon said...

I was pretty impressed with the Christmas quilt until you had to blurt out the dirty truth!

dee said...

I know, I know, Honesty is my downfall....