Monday, August 06, 2007

Monday....again! Oink


We all fell off of the diet wagon this weekend but it really started on Thursday night when Pam made "Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding" for the Thursday night quilt group. Wow! Then we had Lobster rolls and corn on the cob Saturday. Then BIL Bob picked up littleneck clams to steam when he got the lobster so we had them as an appetizer(???, cause you really need something to make the lobster go down better, RIGHT?) Then, last night we had beer-can chicken,homemade macaroni salad, corn on the cob, and a veritable food-induced coma followed. It was a lovely weekend and now I need to not eat a thing for about 6 days.
I want to thank all of you who commented on the last entry regarding the tone of some comments and censorship. It hasn't happened to me but I'm sure it will in time. A few of my close blog friends have had very unpleasant experiences and it just made me wonder at the venom in some of the remarks. Thanks for all the nice things you had to say.
Speaking of nice things and people-if you have the chance and a few moments, stop by my friend Sarah Ann Smith's blog, Art & Quilting in Camden and have a little looksee at the show she is participating in at the Camden, Maine, Public Library through the month. Sarah and her friends are The Frayed Edges, a group of artist-quilters who have been getting together for a number of years to compare, critique and share there wonderful talents. Deborah Boschert of Deborah's Journal is another member who has moved to Texas but remains an active and productive member of the group from afar. All of the women do wonderful work and there is much to be admired. Sarah Ann has a link to all the members on her blog. I wish our trip to Maine was sooner but by the time we will be there in late Sept. their show will be history. The group also had some work shown in Quilting Arts Magazine last year. This is what I talk about when I say how nice it would be to have a group of like-minded women to bond with over this type of artwork.
Other than hauling laundry and waddling around doing some housework, I don't think much will get done today in the way of anything quilty. It's still very warm and humid but then that's the lethargy that is August here. I wish I felt more like exercise but I have to be honest-it's the last thing on my list right now. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Have a great day!

No comments: