Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I need the cleaning lady to arrive NOW



The mess is so big around here that I need these two ladies to come and sort it all out. I had one of those moments where you just stand in the room and spin because it's so overwhelming. That's how it is in every room. I guess I just need to make a list and check it thirty or forty times.

It's not a big help that I woke up at 3:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep so now I could sleep for hours. I will press on nevertheless.The tree and all Christmas stuff needs to go first so I will tackle some portion of that today. If I can manage I need to do some serious laundry and believe it or not, I still haven't wrapped the gifts for the Quilting Friends. We might be getting together tomorrow so I better make that a priority.

We had a quiet day yesterday and a fairly simple dinner except for the part where I cooked two meals since we have picky people and I was feeling generous. Seriously, James and Dani wouldn't have eaten the pork loin stuffed with onions, garlic, and goat cheese so I made them chicken Parm. I'm going to figure out something simple for today-I'm all cooked out.

The house is quiet-the boys are all off to work-things will shift into winter mode now. I'm itching to get back to the sewing machine but I need to catch up with other things so, for the time being, I'm (gulp) the cleaning lady. Talk to you soon when I will hopefully be able to go back to having a thing or two quilty to talk about.

8 comments:

Kay said...

Have you ever looked at FlyLady.com? It's about home organization, housework management, etc. presented in a humorous way. Lots of it is way beyond anything that interests me, but some ideas are helpful, particularly the part called Crisis Cleaning (or something like that). It's sort of a fun site to look at. Good luck. I need to clean too, but as you see, I'm putting it off.

Michele Bilyeu said...

You can do it! Put on some dancing music, hem those rubber gloves with a little lace or boa feathers, chant a few postive affirmations and hit that dance, er cleaning-needed floor! And don't forget..you're not alone, you're singing to the choir and on our dance team!

Janet said...

If you manage to get those two ladies to come clean your house, will you please give them directions to mine! I think I might be in the same boat as you. I've managed to get the trees down but all the boxes are still in the guest room....I hope no one shows up for a visit! They might have to share the bed with a bunch of ornaments!

Jeri said...

eh, when those gals are done at your place, I can use them here... We've already kind-of started without them, but we'll pace ourselves!!! LOL

Gerrie said...

I am putting off all that undecorating stuff until Saturday. Kristin is coming on Friday and I promised to keep it all up. I am in a purge and burn mode so when the week-end comes, watch out!!

Tanya said...

I'm with you on that cleaning need. I used Flylady for awhile too and she really helped (Kay's comment). Maybe I need to go back and check her out. First get all the Christmas stuff put away!

Anonymous said...

I did the cleaning lady thing today. Gack. Me no likey. And I NEVER polish my sink ala flylady. No way. I have my limits.

Grazia said...

Ah ah ah!!!! When the two ladies have ended their work at your home, tell them to come to me.....the will be busy for a long time!!!!
Kisses
Grazia