Friday, July 13, 2007

Lazy Summer Days


Thanks so much to the ladies who signed up for the Pay it Forward thing. It sounds like great fun. I am adding it to my list of things to do. It is currently #312. I'll get there eventually and it's good that we have many months to accomplish it.
Yesterday I went on a shopping expedition with Terry after she was finished with work. I saw lots of cute things but most were appropriate for a 15 year old. Really makes you feel OLD! We went to AC Moore after that and I have to say that it's really gone downhill. I think it's back to Michael's for that type of thing. One whole side of the store was just crap-really crap. About a quarter of the store was filled with Hello Kitty stuff. Not that it doesn't have a place in the world but where are the CRAFT things??? Maybe it's just the season but when I walk out with a purchase of $5.00 for ribbon and a magazine..that's pretty bad. I was after rick rack and should have known better. I need a sewing store near me. The trek out to JoAnn's is a pain when you only need a couple of things....like rick rack.
The temps were back to something resembling normal yesterday but I just came back from Curves and it's kinda steamy and humid at 9 in the am. That doesn't bode well for the rest of the day.
I'm working on a couple of things-the 12x12 is one. I just seem to have lost my energy for anything the past week. I hope something will grab me and I'll finish soon. I hate not keeping deadlines but noticed that others have not finished their pieces on time either. I am working on the nine-patch on point with the jelly roll fabric but basically it's mindless sewing and a way to focus.
Did any of you happen to see the Sewing with Nancy program this past week?She as a book on landscape quilts that she made with her artist friend, (name escaping me) Wow! I'm so impressed and that's really what's interesting me right now. I feel like putting everything away and just waiting for the book to be delivered. The whole thing interests me because it satisfies my art and fabric fix and I've wanted to go there for a long time. Space is, of course, the problem. I really don't have much so I will limit my work to smaller pieces. The ones she showed were large wall sized ones. I just can't imagine where I would do that kind of work. The book can't come soon enough. I'm excited about it.
Well, I am very hungry and if I don't eat something sensible soon I'll be looking for something really bad to indulge in, thus blowing everything I sweated off at Curves....Gahh! The picture is one of the small boat marina docks that have been around for ages. Just a place where they launch your boat and you can get gas and repairs.
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Rian said...

So put everything away and wait for the book to arrive. Go where your muse takes you. When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

Darcie said...

Although those large pictorials are lovely...I've seen some GORGEOUS small ones from an artist in Minnesota (probably not the same format...but who's keeping track?) and they are SPLENDID!!! So go for it, Dee! You sound full of excitement and passion...and that's all that matters.

So cool about the PIF being a real "go." Now...I suppose I'd better get that on my blog, right?! Can't wait! ;-)

Darcie said...

By the way...love the harbor pic. You've got lots of inspiration for those naturescape quilts in your environment! Enjoy!