Monday, July 02, 2007

Quick pics for Monday















Just checking in with a few pics from around town. Yesterday I sent my crack photography staff(Hi Honey!) down to the harbor with the camera for a visual update from my small corner of the globe. Let's take a walk, shall we??

On our walk we can stop and say Hi to BIL Bob who has chosen a very Gerrie Lime green shirt to blend in with the scenery around his park bench. It's funny but I think there are less boats in the water than usual. Maybe the big money that is usually puttering around in large yachts has been scaled back? I'm happy to see it the way it is so I'll just enjoy the view.

The other picture is of a portion of Main Street that leads down to the park and harbor. Last week was the Prom and the sign down at the end is congratulating the graduates. They have their pre-prom party thing at the park.

While we're on the subject of "Gerrie of the Lime Green" I am playing around with this stuff and it makes me think of her even more than usual.

Not sure what is happening here but I'll let you know as soon as I do. I fused a bunch of small pieces of fabric I really loved and I've been playing around with a very small piece that clearly involves circles (flowers?). Not sure-I'll keep playing. More tomorrow plus Kim tagged me for 7 things and I may do that as well. Have a great day.

7 comments:

Angie said...

Oh Dee, I really enjoyed our walk today!! :D Just absolutely lovely scenery, and I do love main streets!!
Thanks for inviting me along! :)

Rian said...

Nice walk! Those circles are very retro- looking. Uber cool.

Anonymous said...

I have I ever told you about the summers I spent on Long Island? You are bringing back memories. Love, love those fabrics. Really cute guy wearing my signatur color!

Janet said...

The lime green is bright and very retro looking and I love it! Thanks for the link to Gerrie as I used to read her blog and then somehow lost track of it.

The stroll was nice. I wish I was right there at the harbor looking out at the water and feeling a cool breeze. It's in the triple digits here today!

Jo Raines said...

Dee, love the walk--wish we lived beside the ocean or a lake. And good job to your photography staff! haha. I've missed getting around to say hey to everyone. This summer has been wild. Also, I love your jelly roll 9-patches and your dots and stripes mystery project!

Anonymous said...

LOVE those circles. Whatever you decide to do with them will be wonderful. How could it not be?

Deborah Boschert said...

Yum. I'm liking the fabric and the shapes... how is this coming along? More pictures, please!