Monday, November 05, 2007

Change of plans& the neighborhood














I think I've shown this quilt before. It's really the only fall-like piece that I have and was made with 5 inch squares I got from some on-line quilt shop. Not all that big but it seems cosy for the season.

My plans for a get-away have changed. Roger will be going with a co-worker to his meeting near Canada. The other traveler had intended to bring his wife but she had a medical problem and will not be going so the alternative is for me to sit in the hotel and read or sew for one long day. I took a pass. It's a tough trip for Roger and I didn't want him to travel alone for an 8-hour car ride. Now that he is going with the fellow-engineer that's not a factor so I'll hang in here and do my reading and sewing locally.

My crack photography team took some pictures on Saturday while we were getting the effects of an off-shore storm. The wind whipped up the sea froth and that picture above is of the canal that feeds into the salt marsh not far from me.
The shot below is one taken from the apple orchard driveway after the guys purchased another delicious bag of Macouns. Yummy! They don't allow me near the orchard as I have trouble controlling myself when faced with a maze of trees with apples just waiting to be snatched up and scarfed up....sorry but some of you may not be aware of my larcenous tendencies when faced with fruit trees.
Well I must go and do some errands and laundry and all the mundane Monday stuff. Hope your autumn day is as spectacular as mine is starting out to be. Just look at that shot of all those apples laying around uneaten...on the ground....wasting away.............sigh

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is your real name Eve? Is there a snake involved?

Don't get in to trouble while Roger is gone!

Jo Raines said...

Love the fall quilt and the beautiful photos.

Rose said...

That's a very pretty quilt, Dee. If it's the only one you have for the autumn season then I think that's reason enough to make another one. Fall fabrics are on clearance now you know heeee!

Very nice pictures. I wouldn't be able to leave the fruit alone either. I would need to hoard boxes of apples for the freezer for pies, cakes and cookies during the winter. We can't grow apples here because of the cedar trees (Cedar Tree Rust). Enjoy your day!

Rian said...

I think a trip to the midnight apple store may be in your future. We'll never tell.

dot said...

What a lovely fall quilt.