Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Crimson Morning

Even though it means "red sky at morning, sailor take warning", this was a beautiful sight. The color took over the sky in minutes. It means we will get that icky mess this afternoon of snow and rain. Hopefully it will be more rain than snow. Since the current temp is 27, I'm fairly sure I know which of the two it will be.
There's not a lot going on in my neck of the woods right now. My husband was off yesterday for Martin Luther King Day and we celebrated by doing virtually nothing. Watched a great old movie on the morning. "The Lady Eve", with Barbara Stanwyck and Henry Fonda. That movie is from the 40s and laugh-out-loud funny. I was pleased to find that Roger enjoyed it too. Spent the rest of the day loafing around. I would have finished the baby quilt but I came to a horrifying discovery-I'm out of thread! Well, I have thread but it's crappy stuff that my machine doesn't like. I usually use Mettler or Guttermann and I've got none of either. Because it's a little chilly(ahem) outside I would rather not make a trip way out east and a trip to the nearest Quilt shop would tempt me more than I can afford and more than I need-I think I will order some from Hancock's and just wait a day or two. Lord knows I have plenty to keep me busy in the meantime.
That said, I better get to it. Back soon with pictures-Hope your day is a good one.

Addendum to the Thread Shortage....Hancock's of Paducah has a sale on Mettler and King Tut. The thread is in the mail.

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

That morning sky is gorgeous. I just heard that my old neck of the woods has gotten plenty o' the white stuff. It is very cold here, but sunny, sunny, sunny. Did you know that I love sunshine? :-}

Rian said...

Love those amazing skies. We get blazing sunsets, I'm seldom up early enough to know if we get sunrises like that.

Your comment on my blog about being out of thread: I came over here to "give you the business" about how nobody can be out of thread. That's impossible, I said to myself. But you are. It's unimaginable, but you really are out of thread. Whoa. Dee.

Well, it's nice to have a total no-brainer day watching old movies, isn't it. I did that yesterday too.

Debra Dixon said...

Wes is just getting over some kind of creeping crud and spent the weekend and Monday vegging on the couch flipping channels. I am glad to have him back to work and one channel playing on the TV (music). I was about ready to throw him and TV onto the porch.

Cindra said...

The Lady Eve? I will have to put that one on my list. Television has sure been slow lately and I either watch tv or listen to books while knit.
By the way, I have also included in my dreams that I would just walk away from my house... although I would willingly pick through the rubble of "stuff" for my prize items. The accumulation is what keeps us from moving. I admire Mel doing what she and Dave did.

Libby said...

mmmm - I love those beautiful pink sky sunrises *s*