Thursday, April 03, 2008

Bits & pieces of everything.


While I was putting together the Lavender Passion blocks I had a lot of scraps left over. Yesterday I decided to use them to make a table topper for a gift I owe a family member. I just set them together in a log cabin block-easy peasey and that will go with us to North Carolina when we are visiting Aunt Maddie & Uncle Don later this year. Today I checked my mail at the Food Pantry, did some paperwork, and stopped to pick up some new movies. I wanted "Sweeney Todd" but they were out. Also out was "I am Legend" and a couple of others. Does anyone out there watch "The Riches"? I love Minnie Driver and Eddy Izzard. I don't get to see it since it is on later than we are able to stay up and still get up at 6 a.m. They tell me the first season is coming out on DVD soon. Anyone have any other good suggestions? Ideas are always welcome. There isn't much going on around here. Thursday night quilting at my friends house tonight. It's not quite warm and not really cold. The house is in desperate need of spring cleaning. That will be next. It's a disgusting job but I love the way things look when all spiffy and clean. Pray for me. I'm going in....

7 comments:

Kay said...

You're a brave woman, not for spring cleaning, but for watching No Country for Old Men. Part of me wants to see this because I love the Coen brothers, but I saw the preview and that was way too intense for me.

Melody Johnson said...

We had just watched The Brave One with Jodie Foster and that gawjus Terrence Howard. Gripping.
And then Eastern Promises, which was fab, also bloody.
And for real laffs, Death at a Funeral and The Amateurs. Hysterical.
A good spoof is Shoot 'em up with Clive Owen.
Of course stage blood never bothers me...

Dorothy said...

The last "new" movie I saw was Alvin and the Chipmunks. So I'm no help, but let me tell ya, I'm taking a personal day next week and watching City of Angels, Chocolat, and Sweeney Todd. Just me and Ben and Jerry.

That's the plan anyway. If this *&$! snow leaves, I may just spend the day in a lawn chair with a book. Recharging my batteries with sloth and gluttony.

Rian said...

Be sure to tie a rope between your ankle and the front door in case you get lost during spring cleaning and can't find the door. Always a problem at my house...

We just watched "Into the Wild" tonight. I liked it a lot. If you like indies, lttle art films, try "Lilya 4ever." Real uplifting. Not.

That guy in "No Country" was tres creepy!

JUST A MOM said...

stop by Friday post a special treat for ya.

Finn said...

Hi Dee, love the table topper. A great use of the leftovers...a perfect "hot dish" gift *VBS*
Big hugs for 'not quite warm but not really cold', Finn

Rosy said...

Dee, thanks for the movie tips. I love watching the English classics etc. I have ordered Goya's Ghosts and will go find some of the ones Mrs Mel mentioned and while I'm searching, I'll go find me a katchina doll too....