Wednesday, October 08, 2008

odds & ends




I've been doing some mundane things that are not even blog worthy. Most of which is involved with the Pantry business which has become the bane of my existance. I'm weary from dealing with stupid people. Hopefully we have managed to straighten out a few problems and things can get back to normal.
The days just seem to get away from me. There are a couple of things I didn't want to show but now that they are in the mail and on their way to friends I can concentrate on the things I am making for the holiday that shall remain nameless until after Halloween. I did manage to make a couple of small pieces that I will use for that holiday instead of giving them away. I don't know why I always do that to myself. I make things that would bring a festive feeling to my own house and then give them away.

These are the scones I made for the girls of the Thursday night quilting group. I made some extra for the guys since it hasn't been very delicious around here for a few weeks what with the no-salt rules and all. Everyone needs a little treat sometimes. I could be way worse than scones and the guys really love these.

Most of my time when not finishing things and cleaning etc. has been taken up with reading and watching dvds. I've also been checking what's new on Amazon and the book above is one I really think will be just right for me. I love history and the history of food....well...what can I say but yum. Food and NYC...well, that's just more goodness overload.
I promise to try to be a better blogger. I've got to spend some time sorting out my pictures and blog fodder. I've got so much stuff loaded into pictures that it's a mess like you wouldn't believe and I can never find anything when I want it. Like the pictures I would like to show you right now but can't find. I will return tomorrow with an meaningful entry and, hopefully, those pics...hmmmm, now where did I file them....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love scones and seeing yours reminds me I should make some. They look so yummy.