Sunday, March 08, 2009

Stuff happens


You know how life goes along smoothly for a long time and then one thing happens and then another and then something else and then you put your hands up and say Whoa Nelly? We are in the Whoa Nelly phase for the time being. Several health issues have popped up for us. My son has to have a colonoscopy next week-he's been having some stomach issues. My BIL Bob has had some health problems that require more than a band aid-actually they require some prayer and hopeful thought. My other BIL Richard is coming next week for a visit(don't even get me started on that subject) and it just seems like we need some serious attention to things around here that are not blog-worthy. I seriously doubt that I'll have much time for any form of sewing in the next week or so. That said, I hope to have time to read around the blog world and see what everyone is up to even though I just can't seem to find anything worth writing about at the moment that isn't about these health problems and who wants to hear about that stuff anyway. How's that for a run-on sentence?
I would ask you to say a little prayer for my BIL Bob, who means an awful lot to us here. I'll try to get back with news when I have some. Meanwhile, sew something fun for me. Back soon with good news I hope.
I blatantly stole these snowdrops from the Internet. There are some in my yard just like them but I haven't had a moment to get out and take any pictures. Monday we had a snowstorm and it was 20-today nearly all the snow is gone and it was nearly 70 yesterday. Same today. I even have to fan on upstairs in our bedroom it was so warm. Mother Nature-Whoa Nelly!

8 comments:

Cindra said...

I hope those flowers are in your yard so you have something pretty to look at while you're going through all this. You are so right about how things seem to hit. It just drains you. BIL is in my prayers as are you and yours.

Libby said...

I will be thinking of you and your BIL and son, too. Take care . . . and remember to take a moment or two for yourself.

Gerrie said...

So sorry to hear about all of the illness. Hope every thing gets better and soon. At least you have nice warms temps. We are getting snow again!! Sending lots of love.

Michele Bilyeu said...

We have snowdrops out, as well. And on a day when we had sunshine, rain, snow, and hail...all in the same day...I have decided that such is the 'stuff' of life. We just deal, dear Dee, and know that the prayers and best wishes for all are going out, in whatever shape they are needed, in whatever amount. When we care about and for you (and we do) we then care about and for those that you loved. It's all ripples going out into this world so needing of healing and love. ((Hugs and prayers and good wishes fir all))

Unknown said...

Good luck with all you have going on
I live further east of you and enjoy your blog! My daughter has ulcerative colitis and has had several colonoscopies - I hope he has a good result and that he feels better soon!
all the best
stacey

Rian said...

Good luck with all the skids. Isn't it odd how everything happens in groups like that. Hang in there and keep thinkin' those good thoughts. xoxo

Darcie said...

I'm sending lots of hugs and prayers your way, Dee!

Sheesh. I get a kick out of the word verifications. Below it is: *bionuc.* We all have to be *bionuc* women, don't we!

Hugs....

Kay said...

I'll be sending good thoughts your way, Dee. Try to keep blogland friends posted when you can.