Friday, April 03, 2009

More little Blocks



Let me just say that if you are unfortunate enough to hear the words electro-cauterization and nose in the same sentence spoken by a Dr.....run...run...run like the wind. I took a pain-killer last night after said surgery and still woke up with pain at around 4 am.
Today it's starting to hurt less and so I put in a couple of loads of wash and then got back to the American Jane mini. I'm enjoying these blocks so much. Everyone is different and cheerful. The photos are not doing justice to how bright and happy this design is. Makes everything(except my nose) feel better.
The second picture is a pile of fabric that came in a Keepsake medley. It's much prettier than it appears in this picture. Not sure what the plan is for them yet but I'm percolating and idea for a simple throw our of charm squares. I'm going to blame my bad picture taking on my diminished capabilities-painwise. I think I'll get a cup of tea to soothe my throat since I'm breathing through my mouth and my lips and mouth feel like the Sahara. Then I'm going to make a couple of more blocks and chill out in front of the tube. The 4 am wake-up is getting to me.
Before I go, I just want to thank Kay, of Out of the Basement, for the nice award that she gave me. Kay does beautiful work and reads great books. Those are two things that mean a lot to me. I wish we lived closer but in lieu of that I always look forward to what she's up to because it's always well-done and thoughtful. Plus she has fabulously adorable twin grandchildren. She recently finished a red and cream star quilt that if to die for. Kay, I think, is one of those people who make you look better by just hanging around with them. Thanks, again, Kay.
I'm hoping to feel a lot better tomorrow. I'll be back soon.

5 comments:

Kay said...

Wow, thanks, Dee! The award was for you, not me!

Here's hoping the nose stops hurting; what an unexpected thing to give you trouble. Isn't life weird?

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Hi Dee!
loving you American Jane blocks! so bright and fun. i love those fabrics!

Cindra said...

I love, love, love the American Jane blocks.

Janet said...

I'm loving' the bright colors in the quilt blocks but I also like that pile of pale colors, too.

I sure hope your nose is better today. That does NOT sound like a fun procedure!!

Darcie said...

You poor poor dear! I do hope and pray that your nose will start healing very soon...like NOW!

Good for you for not letting it stop you from enjoying some fabric play though! They are just adorable! Fun fun. ;-)

Be well, my friend. Hugs-a-plenty....