Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Big Favor to ask.

UPDATE-The party has been moved one week to the 5th of Sept. Thanks for all the help but the backyard in question is nearly on the beach and there were visions of the tent taking off sort of like that movie "UP" with all of us holding on below including Henry, the dog.
You can stop blowing now-Your all wonderful for trying though. We moved the food date and the cake date with no problem and everyone coming is fairly local-so now we wait and cross our fingers for the 5th.
I was wondering if I could call on anyone who still stops by here to do me a favor. Could you go to the door and face east and blow...hard! The engagement party is Saturday. There is a tent and lots of hard work making the garden unbelievably lovely and if that were not enough, there are a lot of people looking forward to a nice party. There's cake and kids and a water slide(which may prove prophetic). So in that spirit I just need you all to expend a little hot air to the east and maybe we can blow this sucker out to sea....one, two, three, BLOW!!!! Thank you for your participation in my mental health. You're the best and I hope to have pics to show soon.

8 comments:

Annie said...

Oh dear,I'll blow as hard as I can.It sure would spoil a lovely outside party,wouldn't it? I'm in Maine and don't want the nasty weather either.

Here's wishing you all the best for a great party.

: )

Kay said...

Oh, I will! Hope it goes well!

Janet said...

I'm blowing as hard as I can....is it working??

Gerrie said...

I don't know if it will do much good from the left coast, but I will blow as long as you help keep the rain off Mark and Jayme's party on Sept 18th!!

Hope you have lots of fun. Don't forget to comment on my blog for a chance to get some of my art!!

Thistledown and Co said...

Oh my, I'm in Florida and I'll huff and puff all I can to keep "danny" way out to sea and out of your way.
Hope the party is a delight.
Linda

Libby said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have perfect weather *s*

Darcie said...

That's great that you were able to change dates without much difficulty. Hope you're safe!!!

Calm hugs to you....

Anonymous said...

Cake? Did you say "cake"? I know my invitation got lost, but you can count on me to be there. I'll go anywhere for cake, er, I mean a friend.