Friday, October 09, 2009

Bloggers Quilt Festival Begins




Well, it's opening day of the Bloggers Quilt Festival. Click on the button at the top left of the blog for all the details, quilts and prizes.

and I can't wait to see what's up with everyone. The spring festival was an amazing thing with hundreds of bloggers participating all over the country and world. Fun stuff and lots of new faces and places to say hello to. There is so much amazing talent in our community, both blogging and quilting, that it's just a real eye-opener.


The quilt I'm showing today is one I made for my husband a couple of years ago. I began it while he was on a fishing trip to Alaska with his brother and I missed him a bunch. It's very simple Log cabin barn raising pattern and I'm showing it because nearly everything else I have is in big tubs awaiting the journey to my new sewing room. Also, I have a dozen UFOs and at least this one is finished and being used. I think I've shown so many others here often so this one made the cut since it happens to be on the bed and being smuggled in nightly.

If you want to see a really happy, and beautiful, quilt, go see Amy at Calico Cat. She's showing a Kaffe inspired quilt that lives on the wall at her house and brightens up the day.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a shout out to my friend Gerrie-Happy Birthday Dear Wonderful Gerrie! Many, many more to come. Love ya! I know I'm a couple of days early but I wanted to make sure I got it in.

34 comments:

Kay said...

Hey Dee! You posted immediately after I did! This is a gorgeous quilt; I know your husband was appreciative.

Anonymous said...

That'll be another one on the to do list!!!
It is so sweet you started this while missing your husband, quilt's are always a fine way of expressing your love:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful I really like all the patterns!! I need to do one for my hubby sometime - thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Well done. I'm trying to get ready for the H. festival and here I sit, twiddling away minutes...and hours...got to get moving!

Kaye Prince said...

I really like the colours and the way the pattern came out. I'm sure your husband loves it!

Ariane said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I love the colors you chose. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Dee said...

Hee, hee, Dee! I kept clicking on your submission and having this blog come up, thinking "I've done something incredibly wrong here and posted wonky!" lol I'm so glad to find another Dee as well. I love the blues of your log cabin with the jewel toned burdundy! So pretty and I love that you use it every day...that's how it should be!
blessings of peace and joy right back at ya!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Beautiful quilt! Love the snuggle part and HAPPY BIRTHDAY GERRIE!!!!

Zonnah said...

It is beautiful!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I do love a log cabin.

Sara said...

Log cabin quilts are a lot of fun! That one is really nice...

Stephanie Hughes said...

Dee, this is a great quilt, love the colors. Thanks for sharing this one!

Letterpress said...

Very cool quilt. I am a sucker for anything log cabin, and to top it off, you have that delicious red to accent all those blues. Send your husband on more fishing trips if this is the result!

--ELIZABETH E, #115

tooznie said...

I don't think I've seen a log cabin quilt done this way before, and I'm pretty sure I haven't seen in this pattern with those colours, it looks really neat. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I think that is such a beautiful, traditional quilt. I love how you managed to get all the blues to work together and play nice ;)

Rian said...

That is a lovely Log Cabin. Nicely done!

Lynn E said...

of all the quilts I love the log cabin quilts the best. Love the colors in yours.

Rhondi said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love your color choices!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

I love log cabin quilts and this one that you made is stunning.

Kathy said...

Very nice log cabin. That was my pattern of choice for my very first quilt back in 1986.

Paula, the quilter said...

Log cabins are such an all time favorite. Thank you for sharing this.

Miri said...

Great log cabin quilt! (I'm showing one too :)

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful quilt. I always like log cabin patterns and the barn raising is such a nice one. I have an antique quilt in this pattern that stays on a guest bed. ~ Sarah

Leslie said...

this is a beautiful quilt...i love the colors and design

Quiltluver said...

I love the blues against the white fabric. Very pretty.

quiltmom anna said...

Dee,
I love your quilt- I made the sunshine and shadow or barn raising log cabin as my first big quilt. It is such a great pattern and every color combination is equally beautiful.
Yours is very pretty.
Thanks for sharing.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Jocelyn said...

Love this quilt. Great use of color and I love the design.


Jocelyn
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/

Roslyn said...

So nice to make a gift for hubby while he was gone-reminds me of the ocean & Alaska.

Anonymous said...

Simply stunning!

Libby said...

I love it - log cabin blocks make the most wonderful quilts *s*

ParisMaddy said...

I like this pattern a lot and your colors are great! Thanks for sharing.

Suzanne said...

It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It's a GREAT quilt! I LOVE the colors. : ) and, isn't the log cabin pattern so versatile?! Thanks for sharing.

Diane said...

Beautiful Log Cabin! Love the colors.