Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Heat+humidity=Movie Marathon













As some of you might know, I don't deal well with heat. In fact I don't deal with it at all. You could just drop me off in a place where the temps never go beyond 65 and I would be eternally happy. Since I live in this humid, damp, coastal village summer is not always a plus for me. I have a sort of love/hate relationship. Ever since i was blessed with that change of life thingy, as Roger often says, my thermostat is broken. I get very warm and can't seem to adjust. Hot, hot, hot. On that note, I made a few visits to places I needed things from this morning and my last stop was the video store. Since I hadn't been for a while and since I'm not aware of anything that was drawing me there, I decided to see what I was missing. The movies all looked awful except for two. I got these two. I'm making Mel small since I can only take him in small doses. Maybe he won't go spouting a bunch of religious crap if I keep him tiny. Just shut up, stay sober for 10 minutes, and act Mel. That's all we're interested in. Of course I had been waiting for Young Victoria for a while so that was a happy find.

After that I went directly to the TV section since we do not get HBO or Showtime and I love getting a whole season of one of the programs so I can enjoy the entire story in a short time. The new season of Big Love isn't out yet and The Good Wife isn't out either. Those are my big wants. Nurse Jackie was a program I heard a lot of good things about so I'm giving it a go. I could watch these things on the computer through HULU but the computer is downstairs and I can't sew or really sit in front of it all day. Well, I could, but then there will be questions from the family as they look for clothes to wear and food to eat. Party poopers!


My current project is finishing up a few things I uncovered during the move to the sewing room. I found the small diamond piece I had made. I'm contemplating what to do to finish it. Piano key border? Not sure.
Sorry about the mess with these pictures but I can't seem to get blogger to move anything around like it used to.
I'm off to do some laundry, ironing, and movie watching. Hope you are staying cool.

7 comments:

Gerrie said...

We just watched Young Victoria this week-end. Loved it. Have you watched the showtime series The Tudors. I love love it. I am patiently waiting for the last season to come out. I have it saved on Netflix.

You would love our weather and so I will stop complaining.

Rian said...

You would love living in Monterey, San Francisco, or the Central Coast where I moved from. Summers rarely get over 65 degrees. I loved it for a few years but we found the cold to be bone-chilling after a while and the gray gets to your very soul. I am enjoying the hot sun now, but I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon enough.

Melody Johnson said...

I love love love Good Wife. I would watch it at night and again the next day on that thing Windows 7 has, Windows Media Center Internet TV. I got so much more the second time around.
I am also just now watching the whole first year of Big Love.
Why would anyone want to share a husband??? ha!

Cindra said...

I enjoyed Young Victoria... what a great story. Makes me want to read more about her. I agree with Mel, love the Good Wife.

Janet said...

You and I have talked about this before....we're the same when it comes to heat. The only saving grace I have out here is low humidity.

I had to laugh at your comment about Mel. I feel the same way. In fact, I've lost interest in him over the past few years. Enjoy the videos!!

Libby said...

Oh Big Love - they always take so long to get those seasons out!

Language learning english said...

I’m just seeing this post for the first time. Thank you so much for mentioning me. What a great feeling. Thanks again!

Language Learning English
Learn English Online
Speak Learn
Language Classes
Learn Foreign Language
Lesson Language