Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Things that make me smile.




Here are a couple of the things that make me smile lately. I mentioned yesterday that my dear friend Gerrie in Portland sent me a combination birthday/feel better gift. I asked my super-patient husband to help me this morning with the photos. Anyway, Gerrie made this sweet piece that is now hanging in my sewing room. The slip of paper that the hand is holding says Pearls of Wisdom. Next to it is the card by her daughter Lisa. What the photo doesn't convey is the fabulous hand dyed fabric that Gerrie used to make it. The photo doesn't do it justice. I am blessed by her friendship and generosity.
Speaking of beautiful things, there is the mandevilla plant I bought for myself. It's growing in leaps and bounds and has a mind of it's own. We may be overrun by the plant by seasons end. The flowers are such an intense, almost magenta red, also not well represented by the photographer...bad Dee bad.
I have a hair appointment today and none too soon. My gray/white/whatever roots are coming into blossom too.
Back with more stuff tomorrow

4 comments:

Gerrie said...

Thanks for your kind words. I must explain that those are commercial batiks, not my hand=dyes! But they are very cool!! My favorie fabric next to my hand-dyes.

dee said...

sorry Gerrie.

Cindra said...

I loved my Mandevilla... the beautiful flowers and the shiny leaves! It does make one smile!

Darcie said...

Gorgeous foliage!

LOVE the piece that Gerrie created just for you!

Hugs....