Monday, August 02, 2010

Surprise Shower for Dani


We had a surprise Wedding Shower for Dani yesterday. It was fun and kind of exhausting. Dani's family and friends are such fun people. I've been enjoying the experience of getting to know her Mom a lot better in the past couple of weeks. We have shopped for shower supplies and wedding cake and balloons and other stuff. Cheryl is so much fun to spend time with. I hope we get to do more things together soon. By the way that is her sitting next to Dani in the pictures. Pretty Lady!
Thrown in with the fun has been the experience of being around girls. Being the Mom of one son/child, the girls are a lot of fun and a whole new experience. They did a great job of decorating and made a wonderful day for Dani. All in all it was a lovely day in a pretty garden with perfect weather.
Now we will pray for another day just like it for the wedding in a months time. Please join me. We need all the prayers we can get. The Chapel where the wedding is to be held is not air conditioned. They have many ceiling fans and it is generally a cool place in the wooded surrounding. By the way, we will be entertained by a harp player during the chapel service.


This tiny thing that Dani is holding is a miniature cheese grater that my friend Diane included in the box of goodies she sent. Dani got a huge kick out of it...thanks Diane. She loved getting all the gifts and we enjoyed oooooing and ahhhhhing.



















These lovely ladies are wedding party ladies surrounding the bride. Dani has the most beautiful friends and family. Beautiful inside and out.







I have so much to catch up on so I'll go do some of those things that fell by the wayside in the past days. Only one thing left for me to get for my wedding outfit-shoes...or as I am now referring to them...fricken fracken shoes. The result of never wearing shoes anymore and existing in flip flops is that my feet have gotten wider than they were. Shoes, which have always been my favorite buy are now a pain in...well...the foot. So far I have returned 4 pair of shoes that I thought would do but not so much. Even for an hour never mind a whole day. When did my feet get so fat? I can account for the rest of me but the feet?? Yikes!
Anyway, have a good day. Talk to you soon.
It's time for my nap...zzzzzzz

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

It is going to be a beautiful wedding. My daughter got married in September. We awoke to pouring rain, but by the time of the wedding, it was gorgeous.

Janet said...

I'll send some cool breeze vibes your way for the wedding. The shower looks like it was a lot of fun. I see there were a lot of lavender/purple packages!!

Good luck on the shoe search.

Terry Grant said...

What a happy time! So nice your families are so compatible. You really are tied together for a long time once your children are married! I will send out my good weather vibes for the wedding day.

Darcie said...

It's fun to hear you talk so fondly of Dani. She's a lovely and a lucky lady!

And the shoes? How about glitzing up a pair of flip flops or hunting around for some glamour-esque ones? Something out there is calling your name.... ;-)

Weekend hugs!

Michele Bilyeu said...

What a lovely post! And what special women to be surrounded by, indeed! And on the subject of shoes, I have birkenstock feet. It has almost become impossible to attend weddings and funerals when I have to dress up. On several occasions, the nicer birks won out over not being able to negotiate locations. Heels to the last wedding, got them..the heels stuck in a stairwell grating. I caught my balance. But another guest hit the deck, holding her grandaughter. I think there are times we wear a pair, bring a pair. Brides frequently wear fancy flip flops nowadays. I'm sure you'd just be hip and cute...no matter what you do. Two pairs, I'm telling you ;)