Thursday, February 07, 2008

Not much Thursday

I've got nothing good to show for any reason today. Unless, of course, you want to see pictures of plumbers installing hot water heaters? Nah, I didn't think so. I am about to go into the basement to walk on the treadmill. Gearing up for re-re-start of Curves. In my current engorged state I will never make it around the circuit without falling down dead. So I'm trying to get my breathing back to some sort of normal. I heard someone on the radio this morning talk about having been to re-hab and gotten sober and clean many years ago. He commented that, in retrospect, it was an amazing thing the terrible way we treat ourselves. I believe his words were, "we treat ourselves in a manner we would never allow others to treat us" So true for me. I have every excuse in the book for treating myself badly and just who am I punishing? Why Moi! Dumbass!
Yipeee!The plumbers are leaving, as is a fist full of money that trails off behind them...sigh.
Goin' walkin'.....later gators.

6 comments:

Cindra said...

You know I am sitting here postponing going and working out. I always feel better after its over and I know it is so good for me. We are bad to ourselves. I need to kick myself in the butt and get going!

Darcie said...

Ew...they're expensive dudes, aren't they! Even here in the boondocks!

Just enjoy every breath...and remind yourself that it will get better. I read somewhere where it takes 3 weeks for a routine to actually become a "routine" that you feel the need for. So...just give your butt a little time, my friend!

Debra Dixon said...

Yea, my butt seems to be spreading out a bit much lately too. I feel your pain.

Jo Raines said...

Hey, Dee! Happy late anniversary! I hope you have 24 more as well. Jerry and I have been married almost 23 years. Our oldest, Maggie, leaves for college this year. I can't believe it. I, like you, need to work out and eat better as well. Working six days a week since Jerry and I bought the Bernina dealership has caused me to eat whatever is on hand, sit a lot sewing samples and learning the machine features and when I come home, I collapse on the couch. My house and I both need a big overhaul. Hope you stay well this winter. Flu is terrible in our area and Joanna had flu and strep throat two weeks ago!

Jo Raines said...

Dee, my e-mail is joraines@gmail.com. I've tried to change this in every way I know how but I think it is still sending e-mails to my old address. Yes, please write me! I sometimes feel like I'm blogging in a vaccuum--especailly on my mini's blog. Check out my little painting efforts on Mini Leaps and Bounds. yes, in my 'spare time', I am trying to do mini's to support that habit! Still working six days a week so have to paint before work in the mornings when I should be cleaning house.

Rose said...

I feel your pain, Dee. I'm doing a new diet plan with a dietician to get me off to a good start this time. I've also started swimming at our local hopital swimming pool. I'm diggin' the swimming. So good for this old body! Keep at it, it will get easier ;)