Monday, October 26, 2009

And yet, more

I have noticed that a few people are complaining about Blogger and all the glitches. Such things as loosing your entire blog and not being able to post and some other freaky stuff. Maybe that's part of my problem. Maybe there's just too much crap with computers and blogs. Don't know. I'm sick of dealing with it and I've had my crack staff try the things that you've been kind enough to suggest. Here's the problem now. I have several blogs that I've been reading for a number of years. I can't even open them. The computer freezes and I get a message that says Microsoft Internet Explorer is not responding, blah, blah, blah. Also, when I go to a blog and they have a link I cannot open the link without it freezing everything and I have to close the whole thing.
Have I mentioned that I really hate computers and I think they are a plot by some un-named foreign country to make us all babbling morons. If so, mission accomplished.
I'm going to Tarjay, Home Despot, and possibly a stop at the quilt shop to see what's up because, seriously, there could be things I haven't seen and need desperately(har) that could take my mind off of the time-sucking, pain in the ass computer issues. What? You want me to hang around cleaning the house or something useful??? Nice try! Wish me luck

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about love/hate! Computers have us by the throat. Sometimes I hate mine (really, it's just Vista I hate) but I hate it more when it doesn't work. It's classic co-dependence.

IF you end up getting a new computer, at least it will have the Windows 7 operating system, which is supposed to be a major improvement over Vista. I feel your pain, girlfriend.

Gerrie said...

Try switching to Firefox browser. Get a Mac (ha ha) I am having no problems with blogger. I post to a couple of blogspot group blogs - no problem. One of the websites that I work on will not work with IE - stop using it. This is an order. XXOO

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I feel sooooo lucky to have an in-house3 computer geek.....Good Luck with the shopping....i just got back from mine.....Big $$$$'s at food store...coupons? HAH!!

Enjoy....LindaMay

The Calico Cat said...

What? You want me to hang around cleaning the house or something useful???

You stole that one from me!

BTW FWIW I use IE & blogger & have not had any issues... Now that I have typed that...

Oh you wanted advice - from me? HAR!

Terry Grant said...

I have had some of the same problems, but oddly mostly with Wordpress blogs on Internet Explorer. Download the most recent version of IE and also download Firefox. I still like IE better than Firefox, but every so often IE gets wierd and I use Firefox instead for a day or so. Nice to have options.

Libby said...

We switched to Firefox quite a while back and just love it. Still need IE for Windows updates, but that's it. Good luck - hope you are able to sort it all out and end the frustrations *s*

Janet said...

I switched to Firefox and I'm happy with it. But I know how frustrating computer problems can be....and I always feel like such a dinosaur because I didn't grow up with them like kids today so I don't just intuitively know about some things.