Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fabric Fondling

One of the Thursday Night Quilt Ladies has a very prolific family. There are two babies expected in the New Year. Neither of the couples care for really traditional quilts which kind of makes me happy. Not that I don't like the traditional baby stuff, but I would like to make a quilt in one of the non-traditional patterns that Amanda makes on her wonderful blog Crazy Mom Quilts.
I like the coin quilt she is showing now and, frankly, I like everything she does. A few days ago she even took some tiny pieces and just sewed them down to a background and it looks so cute. Can't really get much easier than that.
I went to the local quilt shop(I love saying that) and found the focus fabric on sale and we just wandered around and found these two additions to it in the store. I have a couple of others that I will throw in and, easy peasy, Baby Quilt #1
I haven't got a clue for the second yet. Maybe I should just make another with similar fabric.
So, there you have it. I will un-earth my machine and hope it's still working well. I just really need to sew something. You understand...right. Room or no room, In need to make something!!

Roger went to work today. That Z-pak stuff is a wonder. He went from really awful to pretty darn good in two days. I think a few nights of sleep un-interrupted by coughing will help a lot as well.
Chicken Enchiladas for dinner. Gotta go feed the crew.

5 comments:

Rian said...

Love those fabrics! (my colors!) Nice fondling.

Janet said...

Your fabric choices are great! Those colors are wonderful.

Glad to hear that Roger is feeling better and that you can have some sewing time.

PS - can I come over for dinner? Chicken enchiladas sound good!

Anonymous said...

Well, you've gone and done it now....

I LOVE those fabrics. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Deborah said...

nice fabrics

Libby said...

Enchiladas . . . you're making me drool *s*