Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Stuff & Nonsense, with laundry



I've always been suspicious that there are some strange goings on with the laundry. Sometimes when I close the door there's something similar to #4 and then in the morning it looks like #6 or 7. Hmmmm. The strange case of the multiplying clothing pile.

When we built this house, my thoughtful husband made the plans for the master bath a little larger to accommodate a washer & dryer. The idea was that since I had back problems-the laundry would be virtually a snap since it's a hop, skip, and jump away from where it has to go. Rather than break what was left of my back running up and down with it from the basement. All in all, not a bad idea. Here's where the story takes on a life of its own. There is never, EVER, a time when all the laundry is done. I could do laundry all day-till the boys get home this evening and not a piece left(if only) and not an hour later...well...you know. hat's just the way it is. But I sure would like to know what goes on in that room over night.

Today is another glorious day in January in NY. I don't want to evaluate why or think about the reasons this may be happening. I'm just going to try to appreciate walking outside in my shirtsleeves and listening to the birds. They, too, are confused but happy sounding. I need a haircut desperately so I am off to try to wheedle an appointment in a hurry. I always let it get to dramatic proportions where it makes me feel un-tidy and wretched looking. I'm there now. My haircut is called a wedge. It resembles what Dorothy Hamill used to wear. In truth it looks very much like Terry Grant's. Short, gray-blond and a bit poofy, then verrry clean all around my ears and neck. My hair is now all over my neck and has no shape left. Agh! I hate that and I can't stand to fuss over hair stuff in the morning. When there's no shape I have to do something with it. Otherwise it's wash and wear. Why Oh Why do I wait till it's horrible?Anyway, I'm off to appreciate the temps. and some errands. See you round the dryer.

5 comments:

Rian said...

I have to drive an hour away to get a haircut so only do it every 8 weeks. By week 6 I am already wretched. It is curly and curls into wings like Bozo. I could find a salon nearby, but Jim and I go together, we adore Debra--she is like family--and then afterward we go out to dinner in Morro Bay, sometimes taking Debra along with us. I have been considering growing it out long and then put it in a ponytail, but then there are all those wretched months to deal with along the way.

Janet said...

I'm one of those crazy people who enjoys doing laundry! I know - weird, huh? If I was closer I'd come do it all for you.

As for haircuts, mine will be just fine when I go to bed but when I wake up the next morning it's out of control....like it grew a couple of inches overnight! Happens every time. But I do keep it short short short!

Enjoy your beautiful weather!

Debra Dixon said...

I have the good life-laundry one day a week and if I forget, Wes does it for me. Can't ask for more than that!

Gerrie said...

I used to go to a very popular and excellent hair cutter. I hate to make appointments ahead of time. So, I was always waking up one day and realizing that my hair was over the edge. I often took scissors to it incurring the wrath of said haircutter. So, now, I try to think ahead. Because I hate having bad hair days.

Perry said...

I get my hair cut every month, but only because I make the appointment for the next month when I go in for this month, if that makes any sense. Otherwise I put it off like you do. We are having great weather right now too. Waiting for the other shoe to fit.